Tuesday, June 23, 2009
1. Wise one (WO)- I think the name says it all. I met WO's junior brother at my cousin's house around May when I came to visit my cousin. He was also staying over before he went to WOs' for the summer. He was really cool and lots of fun, and me being the first born I tend to act like a mother to everyone around me older or younger. He admired what Morenike stands for and tried to hook me up with his senior brother,WO. I spoke to his brother once when he was around then we chatted on facebook a lot. WO is so so smart and I love talking to him about his company and did I mention he has a great sense of humor. When am on the phone with him I am always laughing. Anyways I think he is a great guy and can possibly be Morenike's loveworthy..lol
2. Prodigal one (PO)- I met PO through my mother's match making services, did I mention she does it for free and no you dont have to fill out any applications she takes the initiative to do it herself. I thought PO was very smart, good christian and all when I first met him 5 years ago but I just couldn't be myself around him because of the fear of being judged. PO is a kind of guy that wants to date one girl and get married to that same girl but me being 16 years old straight out of secondary school and had never had a boyfriend before that was not what I had in mind. I wanted to date other people and see what was out there. To cut the very long story short we grew apart. Fast-forward to this summer I found out that he has a girlfriend now and I have never been more jealous in my life. With my mum rubbing it in about how I lost a great guy and blah blah blah. I was kind of quiet for a week, because for some funny reason I thought he was always going to be there. So after my mourning week I let things go until I got a message from me saying something about how he misses my family and loves us...It took me a while to figure out that it was more directed to me...lol...I guess sometimes I am slow like that.
3. Little one (LO)- So I met LO through his sister and my cousin trying to hook us up. I don't know why I am surrounded by e-Harmony wannabe employees!LO and I started talking and oh my days he is such a gentleman, he opens doors, gives compliments, smart, ambitious and very sweet. He also has a great sense of humor....trust me I am a sucker for any guy with a great sense of humor. I don't want to have a house or raise an uptight family so all those guys that take themselves too seriously are a no-no for me. Anyways back to LO, he makes me feel like a lady and he is very respectful but the problem here is *cough cough* he is 19! and I am going to be 22!. What kind of life is this now?! I really don't know what to do because I don't want to be a sugar mummy, cradle rocker or whatever it is you people call it nowadays. Ayanfe stop freaking laughing its not funny lol. You guys should come up with a solution to this problem asap!
Anyways I am going to stop here for now because I have to get ready for work. Maybe I will continue when I get off work maybe not....lol
Monday, June 22, 2009
First, Ayo why u gon put ma business out there like dat.....wats wrong wit u!!! At least let me cast myself first....will deal wit u later.
Secondly am feeling dara rite nw...i seriously just want to vent and this seems the perfect place to. Ehh see me see wahala, why r guyz just designed to fustrate me (and i think its just me God fashioned dem to fustrate...no jokes). Okay so i liked this guy, P, a few yrs back but he was in a fling with some one i knew, so as per the good girl that i am i kept my feelings to my self....and see oo i havnt died! So why in God's name is he telling me now that his always liked me and lately thats all he can think about. Thats now not the bullet, he actually finds a way to blame me for the fact that we could have had somthing then cos his in a relationship now (wit the same babe if i might add) mcheww.
In fact i blame myself. I kinda ALWAYS flirt with him just cos its ALWAYS fun to, but i never intend to do anything wit it..... i kept telling ayo its "harmless flirting"...now i guess not! Neways the whole liking thing started from us flirting then it became serious talk..and biko people dont play Q&A cos that has sent me to hell n back today. We talked for quite a while about this feelings trying to 'clear the air' as he puts it, as i was quite willing to cos i see him this weekend. But i kept laughing during the conversation because i had gone through blanking my feelings from this a long time ago and i dont see why i should re-live that cos his just going through the process....chimo! Neway the convo gets so heated up, we blamed each other for things we did n didnt do but the point remains that nothing can happen cos of his babe and i strongly believe in karma. Men i dont want to be hearing one lagos wanna be big girl BLESSING is shaggin ma husband cos i did sumfin with someone elses boyfriend 10, 15 yrs ago abeggy...and i trust city people, thats front cover story (see my assumption about city people, hey they gasto know me cos am going to be the best investment banker in the fiieellllddddd....lol). sha sha we ended the convo on a very bad note and to be very honest we have a really really good friendship and i seriously seriously dont want that to end, but how do we move from here!!!
This is my first post yeayy!! every1 has been disturbing me cuz im nt really the 'writting type'. Oh well just tried 2 call dara and monisola 2 say wot im about to write bt they didnt pick up so here goes!
Ok i had a MAJOR crush on one guy in my uni and i havent done anything about despite several signs that he may b in to me too! Twas actually his personality that attracted me 2 him first (hmm unlike my darlyn monisola) bt dont get me wrong hes CUTE!
So we all went 2 a theme park last month and we spoke for a bit then (no flirting or anything) and there ws a water ride we both went on and then i got soaking wet including my cherished freshly-curled hair ( i dont joke with my hair!!) and then after he give me his jacket to wear bcos i was cold, we took a few pics on his fone and then he bought me the pic they took of us on the ride :-)! That just sealed the deal that hes definately into me! (or so i thot)! Few days after i invited him and few of our mutual friends to my apartment to eat and as they say the way to a mans heart is tru his stomach! Trust me! certified chef! i made d best jollof rice (morenike can testify!), dodo-gizzard, grilled chicken and pepper chicken for them! they ate till they couldnt move!! And i suggested we play a card game specifically jackpot so i could be his partner( ;-)) and then after we gisted for a bit and then the boys left bt the girls chilled for gossip and more rice cuz some of them were doin babe! all we spke about was hw he defintinately liked me and apparentely the way he looks @ me says it all! oh yea before he left i was saying hw i have never being to his side of town and he sed i could come anytym and we exchanged numbers!
He didnt call or text 2 weeks after so i confided in Ayanfe AFTER she finished pouring out her heart about her drama! nehoo Ayanfe told me i should send him a text just 2 check up on him! I couldnt ! im so tradtional and think boys should do all the work or @ least make the first move! im used to doin shakara and making boys work for me (that gist is for another day), so i just couldnt get myself to sending him the text and i cant handle rejection! So built up the courage after remembering Tokunbo's 2hr convo we had last wkd about hw we just shouldnt live on WHATS IFS and i finally sent the text like 2hrs ago and bout 20mins after i got a txt from his other number (i think it is cuz i dont have that number on my phone) sayin ' sorry, who is this pls?' and i sed oh its Ayo and then he hasnt replied!!!!!!!
I cant believe it, i feel like such fool for putting myself out there and what do i get in return?? I have just had it with guys *sigh*. so i guess 'he wasnt just that in 2 me' :(
No blog yesterday as I was having one of them tough days...I was home alone ooo..my sis didn't tell me she was going out until 2mins before walking out the door, turns out she was going to tokunbo's house sef and i could have gone but it was too late so i just chilled at home alone instead..
I tried to keep myself busy...watched tv, cooked some nice fried rice...had some cake, icecream...but still time seemed to be going very slowly!...and you know what they say able idle minds..you start thinking of really stupid things..so i got my laptop and spent errr....this is so embarassing...a good few hrs( i wont say exactly how long cos thats even more embarassing) trying to hack onto my ex's facebook account..lolzzzz..yes! i was like WTF!!! this is the height mehn..but i still did it anyway...what didn't i try..mums name, ex girlfrind-ssssss names....sisters names...name it i tried it..but none of it worked! DAMMIT|!!!...I don't even know exactly what i was looking for jooo...after all what is my business right??...i broke up with him..its not like he dumped me so why am i bothered???...lol...to be honest i don't know...i just need proof ....valid proof to know that my breaking up with him was for legit reason..i.e he was cheating on me....
I guess where all this came from was a 2 hrs fone call from one of his really good female friends,Temi and she was like do i think if he was rilli dating the gal i met in the club she would have been all smiley and chatty about the whole situation and that from what she knows, the babe is a bit of a psycho and would do anything to get what she wants....so she wants him...but he apparently wants me...and she was just trying to make me think he and her had something....but plsss...how am i supposed to believe this...He also went to Temi, who i am friends with through him and told her that he wants to beg but he didn't know where to strat begging from or how to beg..that it seems like my mind is made up...i was thinking see dis stupid boy ooo...wheter or not a girl has made up her mind about you..boys hardly ever take no for an answer except its rilli what they want...so hes just making excuses....kmt!!!!
Sha sha ..after this phone conversation with his friend Temi...i now started thinking maybe i should have picked up his call.....lol...maybe he was calling to beg....and then i did it!!...the stupidest thing I have done in a while..actually maybe not the stupidest..but its high up there on the list sha....I picked up my phone and called him....and then when it rang i hung up....arrgghh..somebody shoot me..pls who does that abeg!!!....you don't break up with someone and start calling them again..it is just not done..it is NOT!!!!...
I of all people should know this given the number of guys i have broken up with in my life..kai and i am only 22 ooo.....mo gbe ..i have been around!!!...lmao...So I know I told my friends that I would change and not just date any guy in order to get over 1 guy because dis is what I have done since I was em..16 which explains y I have had so many bf's but I am thinking that I might just have to do it...i've got like 3 options on my neck now that have been a bit persistent (including the wowo one)..lolz...and 2 so and so...so u guys have to allow me to do one of the above!
Ayanfe and Ayo have made it clear that they will disown me if i get back to talking to my ex so i guess you guys have to accept my dating one of these random guys....
Incase any outsider is wondering..i don't sleep with these guys so I haven't really been around per say...so i wont be loosiing much...they r just like distraction until i find the next HOT thing..ya dig!!
Kai...its 10.00 am in the morning..i should be job-hunting...see my life.....
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Boys are just silly..... I have really chopped....
See this stupid boy oh.... Just because i said i think we should put our relationship on hold he is giving me attitude.... We ended things mutually on monday... no text no call.... i wont be bothered to keep in touch if you dont..... then friday u send me a text... blah blah blah... u must be joking..... me i dnt have time for ur rubbish oh!! U now call me and ask me to call u back because they wrote MUMU on my forehead ab. I now decide to pity u and reply like 6 hours later.... Fast forward to about an hour and a half ago... You call.. we talk... not much to say.... u tell me your car broke down, ur ex girlfriend was sick so you had a bad day....story story.... what else can i say but 'eyah these things happen'..... toh!!!!..... we hang up.... i feel bad..... I text u saying 'God is in control' (mind u this is for a stupid honda and an ex girlfriend that ' will always be special to you') and im sorry if i was giving u attitude i'm tired story story will call u back..... fast forward to 30 mins ago ......
'hey... watitdo..... were u sleeping'
'so why dint u reply my text uve started usin me to catch trips abi' (said in a joking way)
'shebi u said u were going to call' (this is where i shuld have just respected myself and said ok anyway just checking on you sorry if i was giving u attitude but nooooooooooo.....u kno now.... Dara the glutton for punishment went ahead)
'so blah blah blah....... (here i am really yanning and talking for like 1 minute, giving this dude gist and he is just quiet)
'so ... let me know when ur around so i can pencil u intomy schedule u kno im a very busy lady(running joke)
'Let me call u back.. hang up' WTF!!!!
I have really suffered kai!!!
I have never chopped this kind of insult before.....
To say i am rather miffed is an understatement.
Its all good in the hood tho'
Moral of the story: there are just some people its not worth being friends with
Your Currently rather irritated
Saturday, June 20, 2009
So today this dude that I have been flirting with on my BB for almost a month now asked me to accompany him to a wedding! and then to go with him to the after party at night..basically spend the whole day together....I was like ah mi dios!....have I been leading him on...I mean its one thing to go and see a movie but its another to go to a wedding with you...like things have to happen in stages right?
-The thing is that this guy is actually really nice and Ayo seems to think I am being shallow by not going with him..oh yeah..thats what this post is about. To be honest my main reason for not going was because I think he is emmm..not very pleasant to look at...aka..wowo!..God forgive me i haven't given birth to my own children but I am looking out for them though...So really am I being shallow?..why can't it just be that I have my own preferences just as there are girls who can't date poor guys, or tall guys, or fat guys...dumb guys....y is it that when it is down to a physical xteristic one automatically assumes that a person is being shallow...Is it really my fault that I don't want to be in a relationship with someone I cannot even look at..i swear..if i can't even look at this guy for 5 mins straight..how am i supposed to comprehend kissing him??..lmao
- Dont get me wrong, this guy isn't hunch back of notre dame ...i have even gone to his facebook page several times to look at his pictures from different angles trying to see if i ll see him differently or find something fine on his face to focus on but mehn....all my efforts have been to no availl....whether i look from left, right, top or bottom...i see the same not soo pleasant face....
- So does this make me shallow?.....or I am well within my rights to have my preferences...we all have our individual preferences for everything in life ranging from music taste, to fashion, to ice cream flavors....left to me everyone should be allowed to exercise their preferences over anything in life without being judged.....
P.s did i mention that my ex- boyfriend was calling me today?...hmmm...I have been tempted to pick up sha,,just to hear what he has to say but I know if i pick up i might find myself falling for his excuses again, so i have been holding myself..i hope i don't loose my strength and pick up his call!..guys pray for me...this is why i need a job....idleness can make one do sily things some times....ugh!
k..i ll end my ranting here....
buenas noches mis amigos
Anyway we finished cooking the jollof rice, fried rice, peppered chicken, seafood platter, some juicy funky made beef, dodo, egusi, pundo....omo am salivating as am remembering men, and everything was just to par (i even had to take pictures...hehe) but really thats not why am blogging. As we were cooking i watched dele stress over everything, she just wanted to make sure everything was going to get done before the party started. she would run to any of us and made sure we tasted everything. i tasted this food so much i kinda lost ma appetite for anything naija for a while. One minute she's worried about the drinks not being enough the next is something else. The funniest thing was she thought the chicken wouldn't be enough and i am telling you the chicken was enough to feed the five thousand and this is no five fishes and two loaves of bread miracle oo, it was just plainly more than enough but she still stressed.
Neway this got me thinking about when i first got to know Dele, the "free spirited" girl...hmmm. we would talk into the late hours of the night about pappy and all things nice but occasionally we get into how his the typical ladies man and trust, HE WASSS!!! okay so Dele was no saint as well, she did her own fair share of playing around hence the "free spirit", but the longer they went out for the faster all the bad behaviours fell. Quite alright she would still second guess where ever he said he was and she didn't have to tell me, i could just tell when she hangs up and just looking at them now all that drama was just a foundation of a good relationship to come. Of course there are still girls flocking around him (we even hatched a plan to shred them during the weekend...lol) but she's not edgy anymore cos she's so got the key to his heart.
So the party kicks off and although i didn't get to do much dancing it was still so much fun and of course the girls had to do the cleaning up...LIKE REALLY! but pappy was so happy and very appreciative of what D has done. you could just see it in his eyes like my baby is the GREATEST. so on the train back i find the softer side of Ayanfe thinking....hmmm actually i take that back, it wasn't the softer side of Ayanfe that was thinking men that reality check button was flashing like hell and i realized that everything we do is just a bloody risk. we all kinda have to take that leap of faith, face the risk and hope that the relationship you going into ends up being the real deal and if not its all well and good. There's one thing i have realised is that guys may not love as easy as we women do but they love equally as hard (okay am i being too optimistic here....lol). And right now i don't know if its the pressure of a young lady in her twenties (cos they have started hinting to me oo) or just seeing Dele so happy (most of the time) but i want that serene feeling like...yup! that property's got me written all over it!!
Friday, June 19, 2009
I am pretty sure dara was referring to me in her recent post talking about ladies needing to know when to let go. I usually don't have a problem with moving on and letting go but my most recent relationship which ended yesterday *sob sob* is one that I know I should have gotten out of ages ago but I just kept thinking it would get better.
-I ended it yesterday after the unnecessary drama I had to deal with in public on Wednesday night and I just thought dyu know what..fuck this mehn..I can't be fighting with a psychotic girl over a guy that can't even make up his mind whether he wants to be with me or not. Its so funny cos in the club his ex was following him all night..well they were following each other but whenever any guy tried to chat me he would come and tell them i was his babe and off limits.....yet he totally deserted me in the club claiming he knew I would be okay and he had to make sure everyone ELSE was okay since it was his party..i was like really is that how it works??
- I was rather burnt though coause he was burning my cable and for the first time I actually met a potential future husband...a muslim yoruba guy doing his masters...hot as helll..but the stupid boy had to tell him to lay off that i was off limits. Ayo will testify to this..being the muslim ones we've been searching for potential future partners...anyway I will make some calls and try and find that guy, hopefully he wouldn't have found another babe by then..hehe
-So this stupid EX-boyfriend of mine always complains about how he doesn't want his business to be public yet he always manages to make a scene everytime we are out together and I am like I think he actually loves the attention and just keeps telling people he doesn't. Would you believe what his excuse was when I confronted him about deserting me at parties but when we chill during the day and at home he's all over me or when we just go to clubs like movida and stuff where there are hardly any nigerians and its just us...
-His excuse was that he doesn't like public display of affection..like..WTF??..SO movida isn't a public place.....errrr.....eating out in a restaurant is not a publc place....as far as i am concerned he meant he didn't want people in the "nigerian scene" to know??? which doesn't make any sense whatsoever??!!..I am still trying to comprehend everything...and it doesn't help that his ex-girlfriend who cheated on him is now all of a sudden his best friend.
- Its amazing how things work, when we first started dating he never even used to pick up her calls, it was me who convinced him that because they were not dating anymore didn't mean they couldn't be friends and be civil with each other, and after a few months he started talking to her....and all of a sudden i am the enemy and she is the best friend...if i had known i would have just minded my business and joined him in calling her a psycho...bitch...pros..and all the crazy names he used to call her and i used to ask him to not call her....
- I probably did it because i knew i would be an ex one day and I wouldn't want him talking about me like that to his next.....in a way i was looking out for my future....lol..not like I care what names he calls me though...he can't even call me names cos it was him that fucked up not me...:-)
-Okay so I have finished blabbing, today is the first day towards my new beginning(lol...i hope he doesn't call me to beg or anything) he already told a friend of mine that i was only angry and would understand and forgive him in a few days...lol..and he apparently said it so confidently as well....KMT.......
- So who has any fine brothers or knows any fine guys , minimum age 24, preferrably but not essentially a muslim,NOT fat....smart but not too smart to outsmart me....did i mention goodlooking..that is ESSENTIAL!!...well spoken.....clean cut....you know the rest..lol...i laff but i am not joking....lemme know....i will be waiting...
Thursday, June 18, 2009
babes: Quick question when you meet a fellow babe for the first time what is up with all the attitude, I mean i know i'm a fine babe but common now.....
guys: If you are doing multiple runs, u need to calculate properly so it doesnt blow up in your face in public... Its very embarassing to watch and it seems every where i go there is some couple fight going on... you need to keep ur business out of the streets.
babes: Why oh why must you go aroung hoeing with a group friends.. it makes for tacky gist (and although i like gist, this line of gist is played out. just different names).... I'm all for sexual liberation but common now u cant sleep with three friends and not expect it to get out.
guys: Warahell... can't u shut the hell up. Whyy must you carry the gist of ever girl you have slept with. We arent in secondary school anymore where such things add to your rep. Y'all need to grow up.
babes: We all need to learn when to let a guy go (even I am guilty of this crime), lines like where am i going to start from, he's different when we are together, I love him.... just dont cut it if he is cheating on your ass or the relationship just isnt working.....
guys: Arab money????, poping champagne and using it to wash your hands or pouring it on the floor....... really!!!!!....... enough said
This is a series which i shall continue as the need arises....
In other news
- my results are coming out next week and i'm so scared i can cut my fear with a knife. Anyway GOD dey!!!
- I cant stop stalking a certain someone. Its been over a year... as in serously... the funny thing is in the begining I had a slight crush on this guy now its more of wanting to check up on him to see if he is fine, or sad or what his latest status update it. The scary thing is i have never met or seen him before, i stalk him via my friends facebook page... sad i know. I either need help or I need to meet my stalkee... I prefer the second option. I'm scared oh... neither tales of his cheating on his girlfriend or his baby mama drama or his overwhelming love for himself has made is a turn off... i need serious help... This cannot be healthy. He isnt even that hot... okay i lie :-)
- I have officially ended things with Derwin Davies* (a girl can dream can't she). Funny enough I thought i would be more upset about it but I dont feel anything, i feel more numb and indifferent than sad.
- Its 2:20am and I cant sleep... not good for my face at all
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
OMG !!!! Thursday is just two days away. Ayo will be coming down to spend some time with me and to attend my party . I am kind of scared that the party might be a flop cause I don’t think people are actually going to show up. We had to get most popular DJ in town for the party so hopefully that will attract some people. Either way, as long as there is music I am ready to shake my toosh to some good r n b and Nigerian music. Plus Ayo will be here for the first time so we can cause some trouble. I also have to be looking my utmost best as I have had a “celebrity” crush on this guy Shola since end of last yr( I say celebrity because he is one them popular guys) .Stupid thing is that the dude actually tried to chat me up after some party and I totally ignored him...LOL...Gosh I hate myself sometimes! So yeah, he’s going to be at this party on Thursday and get this, the hotel he is staying at is right outside my house!! Don’t worry I am not a stalker, I don’t intend on stalking him, I might just bump into him randomly (fingers crossed). But I know myself though, when it comes to guys I am all talk and no show J I always shy away when I eventually get to meet my crushes. I can flirt over the phone or chat and stuff but then when I meet then face to face I get all funny. My friends think I am actually not even going to acknowledge his presence at the party on Thursday that I will freeze as usual. But I think it might be different this time though he randomly added me on his blackberry messenger 2 weeks ago. As in when I got the request I was a bit scared at first, it didn’t make any sense and I was like OMG has he found out that I have a crush on him...how embarrassing..blah blah. So I stalled for a bit, playing hard to get and then I eventually accepted him. A few days after we actually had a conversation and we were BB-ing each other till about 2am, it was like a dream I swear. Next day we chatted again..nothing too interesting just the usual getting to know you stuff ..asked me if i was single and I said Yes..lol...God forgive me and may my “bf” never find out about that conversation . I put “bf” in quote because the relationship is on the rocks..lol, that story is for another day. Anyway we chatted went on till about 3am again, then he asked for my number and he called me and we spoke. That’s where it all went downhill, this guys is hella attractive believe me, my taste for guys is a bit high, but after I spoke to him I was like...errr could he just be eye candy with no personality???..He came across as very fake, always knew what to say and stuff , plus he giggled twice as much as I did which was a bit worrying. Sha, haven’t spoken or chatted to him since then but I keep telling myself that he was nervous that’s why he sounded like that on the phone, lets hope he redeems himself on Thursday.
So Yes , I cannot wait for Thursday, I am getting my eyelashes done, never done that before I am the type of girl that dresses up for a party in 5 mins, if i am forced to or I am feeling extra excited I might wear some make up, but I am going all out on Thursday. Things might get complicated though; my “bf” might be coming on Thursday as well. Anyway, will let you guys know how Thursday goes..