Thursday, November 4, 2010

The 'M' after Masters



Okay guys on behalf of the dames am highly extremely sorry we haven’t blog...can't actually believe we went off for a year. But u all know the year runs fast so basically let's say we've been off for 6mnths :D. Apology not enough send me all ur addy and I'll post a mini Christmas gift (yes bribery is the way to go). It’s funny how the last time I blogged I was stressing about applying to schools for masters but yeeepeee am done with masters. But what's an MSc soon to be graduate to do now? - JOB APPLICATIONS!!! I’m seriously stressing yet again but this time it’s about job apps. When does all d stressing stop? I’ll like to believe this is the rain before sunshine period.

Anyways for now my mum is constantly on my neck about me going to baking school. She has refused to stop letting me knw how much tosan is making. I thought they paid mny for school fees so I can get into a suit and go to work from 7:30am to 10:30pm but now that tosan can make a million buck in a good month my mum is all of a sudden ready for me to fashie d suit. Few years bck if I said I wanted to bake cake for a living, my head will be baking on a platter. Mothers! My mum’s own I can take but I defo can't take family members telling me 'you knw what's next is the M after Masters' like really am still a small girl which brings me to the koko of this post. Why so much pressure on ayanfe the chick without a cock (male chicken people, get your minds out of the gutter :p)?

All these pressure wouldn’t be happening if things had gone according to plan. I have great expectations of marriage some very realistic others not soooo realistic. If God’s plan was aligned with mine I would have been a year into my investment banking career while instead of doing some financial ratio at my desk I would be looking at wedding magazines making some preparations. In the mist of all that I’ll look at the 6'2'' dark in complexion, looking handsome and all Hercules kinda strong picture frame of my boo on my desk and say to myself ‘yes I’ll soon be mrs ayanfe ******-***** (I always imagined my surname would be a compound name- this is one of the not so realistic part..hehe). Well as you must have figured that hasn’t happened yet and I have decided to wait till God’s time is right with mine so why is it so hard for family people to take the chill pill as well. I thought the stigma was all hell would break loose being single in your late twenties not early twenties. In a way I can’t blame them, after all I have friends that are engaged to people my senior sister’s age and some of my sis friends aren’t married. The ones that aren’t even dating I can just imagine where their confidence have gone too. The society starts to frown on these people and I guess this has made parents / friends/ other family members to stress marriage earlier. But as much as I want to understand I can’t let family / society make me start questioning if am too picky and to settle for less. I find myself talking to my dames and other friends asking the same thing every time ‘is my standard really too high?’- hmm let’s not even go into what some of their reply was. All of me, from the hairs on my head to the sole of my feet is a well packaged beautifully wrapped gift, how I for sell am for less. Let me marry at God’s given time and have a blessed marriage life o jere.

Phew! That was longer than i intended. But WE BAACCKKKK! I have missed rambling hehe.

Love always




Ayanfe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Les commentaires fabuleux